Thursday, October 15, 2009

Preview of New Windsor Gallery Exhibit

A large sumi-e ink and watercolor painting created from my experience of going down into Haleakala Volcanic Mountain on Maui, Hawaii. During a full moon my friends and I hiked starting at sunset going down the mountain to the bottom. We walked with moon light and flash lights. It was rather treacherous with backpacks. But, it was exhilerating to see misty clouds through the mountain peaks and see the sun setting. I had taken pictures throughout the hike. We slept in sleeping bags outside of the camping cabin at the bottom of the volcano. I painted this from my memory and photos when I got back to my studio in New York City. Circa 1984-85.
Haleakala, 34" wide x 72" high, rice paper, black wood frame.
Come to the New Windsor Gallery to view this original painting and sixty six others. I will take pictures of the exhibit at the opening and put them up on the blog.




To order boxed sets of my handmade matted Mini Giclee Print Greeting Cards please contact me at rozenart@aol.com.

Greeting Cards will be available after November 14, 2009.

Select from:
Botanical
Landscapes
Sumi-e Asian Brush Paintings

Boxed set includes 4 cards 5” x 7” matching envelope.
Interior of card is blank
Strathmore acid free mat & Epson quality print
$25 per box plus shipping

To request a list of images or to place an order:
Contact: rozenart@aol.com
845-733-1848

No comments: