Sunday, September 30, 2012

Catskill Art Society 40th Anniversary Party

Thrilled to have celebrated the Catskill Art Society's 40th Anniversary in their beautiful new home, of five years, in Livingston Manor, NY. A world class gallery and art center. The evening featured wonderful local food and drinks in a festive atmosphere. We were serenaded by a keyboard artist and guitarist who played through the evening. Dignitaries spoke about the excellent programs that highlight a community non-profit group which offers a full range of services to its members.

In addition a tour and power point presentation featured new in process improvements to the basement and second floor. The new areas hold the potential for performance areas, studios and additional exhibit space. Plastic hard hats were the signature image on t-shirts, key chains and life sized hats to get across the "work-in-progress" aspect to fund raise for the buildings completion.

In the gallery were oil paintings and photos reflecting landscapes of the area.

It was my first time on Route 17 West since completion of the new road that by passes Parksville and made the trip quicker than in the past linking Sullivan County in a rapid flow. The Bridgeville bridge is midway through completion and I look forward to when the "quickway" is fully completed.

It is now a half hour drive from Wurtsboro to Livingston Manor.

The CAS building has withstood many floodings in the area with new roof, steel beams and sump pump. The view of the stream is gorgeous but can also yield problems during severe storms.
Most often when I am there to teach art classes it has always been lovely weather. The fall leaves were faintly visible as I drove up last night.

My dedication to continuing my lifetime practice of professional fine and commercial artwork with the love of sharing my knowledge as an art educator is a full-time effort. I am renewed with crystal clear vision for which I am extremely grateful. Modern medical technology offers easy solutions to common visual problems. Dr. Robert Ritch, of New York Eye and Ear Infirmary diagnosed cataracts in my eyes a year ago. Dr. S. Modi of Seeta Eye Care in Poughkeepsie confirmed the classic "Monet" cataracts in both eyes. The successful surgery, by Dr.Modi, at Dutchess Ambulatory Surgical Center has given me perfect vision. I am so happy that I can continue to discover new inspiration on a daily basis! I no longer need glasses for driving and use lighter reading glasses for detail work!



No comments: