Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall 2012

A crisp fall day. Thankful for a season of renewal and forgiveness. Looking forward to a year filled with new clients, students, new paintings and opportunities. Image below taken by Barbara Bedell and featured in the Times Herald Record news page 19.
"Artist Roberta Rosenthal donating a painting to the Ellenville Regional Hospital Auxiliary auction at Eagles Nest restaurant."

I went into Manhattan recently and past by the space once occupied by my sensei (teacher), Koho, school of sumi-e painting. It was sad to see it empty. I recently told members of the Oriental Brush Artist Guild at the Hammond Museum how I can still hear her voice when I am demonstrating painting. It never fails that I can hear many of my teachers who sit on my shoulders to guide me.

No comments: